The Ancient Giant (sometimes referred as Ancient Golem) is the mini-boss of the Temple of Destruction.
It is the largest monster encountered so far in Grand Chase, even larger than Samsara, the largest boss so far. It is impossible to see all of the Ancient Giant in any room. Despite its enormous size, it can only be attacked in four places; the 3 red gems on its cheeks and forehead, and the blue gem on its waist, 3 of 4 has the symbol of destruction on it. it tend to target players attacking its waist more, thus it is possible or one player to tank at the waist and all other attack the head.
it makes its appearance in all the rooms in Temple of Destruction except the first room and the side optional room(right).
it has few attacks, which all tend to has little warning of.
- it can slap clap its hand together in the area of the targeted player, it has little warning and actually hits before the palms make contact. it can hit up to 2 times, the swing and the impact. this attack can reach anywhere in the map, separated into 3 parts.
- it can use a double beam attack, the beams are extremely fast and hard to dodge. if the first missile is hit, the 2nd will more than likely hit too.
- it can slam the side of the room, sending down debris on the corresponding side of the room. The initial slam does not do damage. It always slams the side the player targeted is on, and it has a higher chance of using this attack if the player is "hugging" the side of the map.
- it can lean backwards, then sending down a wave, which petrifies everyone it touches, descending at a slow rate. this attack can be dodged by initially staying at the top 3 platforms, which is above where the wave will spawn, or "hugging" the side of the map.
- lastly it can stomp, much like it does in the previous rooms. this is very much like any other "jump" attacks, although it appears as a "danger" attack
- According to a theory of Amy, it is said that the bodies of Ancient Giants actually make up for the Temple of Destruction. Therefore, this is the only monster that is technically "stood" upon.
- Despite its size, the Ancient Giant says he is actually small compared to other giants, as it mentions in the storyline. This can make players think about how big a giant can really become.
- This Giant currently holds the record of "World's Largest Monster", and is the only mini-boss who is bigger than his "master".
- In the rooms the Ancient Giant can be seen before the fight with it, it has a health bar if players look closely enough, even though players cannot attack the Ancient Giant. It looks as if it has only one health point left. Sometimes, the Ancient Giant will even have a status, despite the uselessness of it.