Ruler of the Demon World
Sovereign of Evil
"Moderate faction's leader."
- Name: Dio Burning Canyon
- Age: Unknown
- Hobbies: Tinkering with Death Star
- Likes: Alfred, pure destruction, demons who do as they're told
- Dislikes: Sebastian, pointless destruction, all that doesn't obey him
- Weakness: Ley von Crimson River
Originally, the demon race was created by the Creator to destroy worlds where the balance had been disrupted. However, within the demons existed a Hardliners faction that wanted to destroy not just the imbalanced worlds, but all material worlds. They aimed to annihilate Aernas, just as Kounat has begun to develop. The Burning Canyon family, which Dio belongs to, is part of the Moderate faction that opposed the demon war and stood with Kounat to fight the other demons. Once the war had ended with Kounat's victory, Dio tried to return to the Demon World, however, all of the Dimensional Portals had been blocked. He attempted to seal his powers and tried to enter the portal, but nearly 2,000 years had passed in the process.
The Second Story.
It was an urban myth that circled Snow Flower Village. The evil spirit that wanders outside the village will enter the village at night looking for food. If it fails to find food, it will go around spreading nightmares to kids that are not sleeping. That was the myth surrounding the Winter Nightmare.
The children of Snow Flower Village always went to bed early in the morning to prevent the Winter Nightmare from visiting them. Not only children but also the adults didn't leave their houses once it was dark. Only does wandering the night are those who worked late and were carrying their tired body home.
Edel was walking among those people and quietly moved outside the village. She entered the Ice Forest and closed her eyes. Due to the Ice Fog, it didn't make much of a difference if she had her eyes open or close. If anything, it was better to close her eyes to fight the temptations. Edel remembered the steps and reached a cave.
The Winter Nightmare was real.
The Winter Nightmare had his eyes closed and had his body submerged underwater. He was covered in frost and he had a set of horns on his head that was made of ice. Each time he took his breath, more from ice formed.
The frost energy was concentrated in his heart and it was easy to tell that his hearing was frozen solid just by looking at him.
He was the Winter Nightmare, Dio.
"I'm here, Dio."
"Um excuse me, Mr. Winter Nightmare?"
Edel called Dio multiple times until Dio finally opened his eyes.
"You're here again, I told you not to come."
"You don't look so good, does the Winter Nightmare also have nightmares?"
Does he have nightmares? He certainly does.
When he found out about Veigas' scheme, before he was able to expose the truth, Dio was murdered by Veigas' assassins. They dragged Dio outside the village and stabbed his heart before leaving him to die. If the Winter Fairy did not show up and helped Dio, he would have died.
He still thinks of the day, if he hadn't held the Winter Fairy's hand he wouldn't have had suffered through this endless battle... Why did he accept the power of Winter Essence?
Dio cleared his head and stared at Edel. She is weird, most people would turn their head when they look at him but not her. Dio happened to save Edel and after that, she constantly visits and nags him.
"Hey, did you just think that I was annoying?"
"I did not."
"You shouldn't treat me like this. Who else would tell you about everything that's going around the village."
"I can enter and collect the information myself."
"How would you do that if all the villagers run at the sight of your shadow? Veigas has already made you the villain..."
Winter Nightmare Dio is not an evil spirit, he's not a villain. The real villain is Veigas, he is not even human, he's a monster that consumes the soul of humans. Veigas was the true evil spirit that consumes humans.
Dio was the only one that saw through Veigas' true nature and also has enough power to stand up to him. The first thing Veigas did when he found out about Dio was to make him the public enemy. By treating him like an evil spirit, he imprinted that Dio was the villain to the villagers. It's something only Veigas could do as he has full control of the village within his grasp.
Only Edel who was saved by Dio knows the truth about him. To make it simple, Edel was the only ally that Dio has.
"Veigas is making strange moves again."
As the secretary of the mayor, Edel was able to deliver some useful information to Dio.
"The employments seem unstable."
"Yes, and the new jobs are usually filled by people outside the village."
Move out employees due to work and when they are away from other villagers, file them as missing. Once he is done using them for their labor, he consumes their souls to finish the job. That was something Veigas has always done.
"You're going to go, right?"
Dio stood up and leaned against the cave wall. There was a large wound that ran across his stomach. He will need more time to heal this wound, but time was something Dio did not have.
Dio froze the wound shut with ice but that didn't stop there the power of frost strengthened his clothes. That night, the nightmare entered the village.
Demons of the Burning Canyon family can summon a weapon that materializes their power. Death Star is a weapon that was created with Dio's power.
- Physical Attack: 1040
- Physical Defense: 540
- Magic Defense: 290
- Max Health: 2560
- Shop: Can be purchased in Guild Point Shop.
- Fusing Heroes: Acquire randomly through Hero Fusion.
- Treasure Chest: Can be acquired from Diamond Chest.
- Shop: Can be acquired from Summon Shop.
TIP: You can upgrade a skill every time the hero achieves Breakthrough. 'Special' skill cannot be enhanced.
DISCLAIMER: These sets of equipment are purely based on the varying opinions in the Grand Chase community. Recommendations will always change as the game expands. This section only serves as a model for others to consider and players are encouraged to customize their build.
- Except for Korea, Dio was released on the first day of each month in all servers.
- Leviathan is Dio's third job in the original game.
- Ruler of the Demon World's design is based on Dio's fourth job Dusk Bringer from the original game.
- Winter Nightmare seems to take inspiration from Dio's Burning Canyon Awakening set in the original game.
- Onrush, Death Sign, and Innocent Fear are based on Stygian's eponymous skills in the original game.
- Devil Force is based on Stygian's eponymous skill path in the original game.
- Main article: Grand Chase Dimensional Chaser/Gallery
- "Do you think you can follow me?"
- "I am Dio Burning Canyon. Even amongst the demons, my bloodline is of a different world."
- "Veigas made fun of me? Hmph, so do you expect me to shiver in fear?"
- "Were you talking to me? Instead of speaking directly to me, tell it to Alfred over there..."
- "As usual, the lowly ones enjoy traveling in herds."
- "A favor? Is there a reason I should even listen?"
- "Get out of my way."
- "The demon’s prestige is being disgraced because of fools who destroy everything they come in contact with."
- "Are you the one being cumbersome?"
- "It's because I hate the Hardliners faction. Do not think that I am on your side."
- "What I want is simple destruction… There’s no such aesthetics for the Hardliners faction."
- "Alfred! Remove that cumbersome fool from my sight."
- "Disappear, your pitiful existence."
- "Be thankful for your luck. It's a shame because I just cleaned the 'Death Star'."
- "Foolish things... I do not understand. Maybe this time the Hardliners were correct."
- "Veigas... Heitaros... The morons from the Hardliners faction are just a train wreck."
- "A bloody fight? It was my win."
- "Rechallenge? I'll take it as a reward since I know it took a lot of courage to bring it up."
- "I will be patient and be your opponent."
- "Defeat? Do you not feel that that word is the farthest thing from who I am?"
- "Ley? We were just... a little close when we were young."
- "It is aesthetic to not uselessly destroy things."
- "A monster, huh? It looks like another useless being with useless thoughts."
- "I'm pretty sure I told you to not trouble me with useless words!"
- "Do not treat demons like monsters! We were given the role to destroy the balance of the world."
- "Blaming the demons again. If we're going to discuss the cause, then wouldn't it be due to the selfishness of you humans?"
- "Defeat is just an excuse for the weak."
- "S, stories about my childhood has nothing to do with anything!"
- "You were able to take that... Not bad. Pretty good for a lowly existence."
- "Do you have any other skills?"
- "Humans do grow up fast."
- "Has that much time passed already?"
- "The world changed in only a few decades... Isn't that a bit severe?"
- "Guillotine choke... Let's not talk about it..."
- "Trying to clean up after troublemaking old people is exhausting."
- "This situation right now... It doesn't make sense. Will someone explains it to me?"
- "Arrrr... Why is it that the things that need to be collected, keep growing?"
- "The past is the past. I now am not upset."
- "Right now, the faction is not important. Everyone must join forces."
- "You must rule yourself with composure."
- "Ah, it's nothing. I just had a dream... about when I was young."
- "This much can't even be called suffering."
- "W, who's here? Le... Le...y?"
- "Isn't it possible to forget after 2,000 years?"
- "Try not to fall behind."
- "I won't wait for you."
- "Sigh... I'm thirsty."
- "I will break your will to fight!"
- "You can try and escape, but it will be useless."
- "If you are late, you will only be left behind."
- "I will judge everyone."
- "Do not stand in my way!"
- "Did you oversleep? You should try to be more diligent."
- "You should eat not so much for lunch to help you stay awake."
- "The night is a world full of darkness, which makes you feel good doesn't it?"
- "Hello! Nice to see you again!"
- "Merry Christmas!"
- "Happy New Year!"
- "May all your New Year's Resolutions come true!"
- "This is an easy job for me."
- "For me, this isn't anything special."
- "Upgrade my power!"
- "Evolve my power!"
- "Awaken my power!"
- "Prestige me!"
- "Select a trait that will increase my power!"
- "Transcendence Awakening my power!"
- "Limit Break my power!"
|— GRAND CHASE —|
|— OTHERS —|
|— SPECIAL —|
|— TBD —|