Serdin Kingdom's Swordsman
Frost Clan's Hope
- 1 Description
- 2 Acquisition
- 3 Attributes
- 4 Skills
- 5 Evolution
- 6 Recommended Sets
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Quotes
- 10 Notes
- 11 References
- 12 Navigation
- Name: Edel Frost
- Age: 18 (Twelve Disciples), 20 (Dimensional Chaser)
- Hobbies: Practicing swordsmanship
- Likes: Flowers, her family, family honor
- Dislikes: Her family's curse, mess, and clutter, dishonor
- Weakness: Adel Frost
The Frost family was one of few recognized families that were known for their sword in the magic kingdom of Serdin. However, as time passed, magic was considered more important and because of that the Frost family slowly lost their recognition and power.
That's when the twins Adel and Edel were born. The boy Adel was born with wisdom and intelligence and was expected to bring back the Frost family to their rightful place once again but when Adel became sick from an incurable disease, Edel took the place of Adel in the army.
Edel successfully protected Serdin from the monsters of Bermesiah and got back parts of their family's honor but the sudden pain in her right eye and unknown anxiety sends her back to her house. However, when she reaches home, the cursed members of the Frost family suddenly attack her and while resolving the situation, she finds out Adel was kidnapped to the Demon World.
- Cost: ? USD
The Fourth Story.
A snowy winter night.
"Winter Nightmare is here."
The village people trembled in fear as the news about the Winter Nightmare spread. They wanted to go inside their house but the security members were controlling the flow of civilians. They couldn't do anything but hear the sound of a sword and scythe clashing.
Suddenly, a shadow appeared from the alley that jumped towards the fight. The figure looked like a person but their body was covered in white frost. The security guards quickly drew their weapons in shock.
"A-Ah! Winter Nightmare!"
"Was the Winter Nightmare always two?"
"Two? Is that it or are there more?"
The shadowy figure that was defeating the security guards was Edel. When Edel was involved in an accident and was on the brink of death, Dio shared his Winter Essence with her and was able to become the second Winter Nightmare. Only parts of Dio's power were transferred but even that was enough to defeat the security guards without a problem.
Zero witnessed Edel and was caught in rage.
"Why did you split the Winter Essence?"
"I'm pretty sure that I don't need to ask you for permission..."
Dio was lost for words that Zero acted like the Winter Essence was his. It wasn't Dio's intention to transfer the power of Winter Essence to Edel. It was an accident that some of its powers were transferred to Edel. Dio still does not know how to transfer or split the power of Winter Essence.
When Edel defeated most of the security guards, the civilians quickly ran to their house. Edel felt sad that she was playing the villain when she saved them from the security guards.
"Wow, Winter Nightmare has a friend now?"
As Edel tried to leap to the roof to help Dio, she quickly dodged out of the way. Multiple ice shards fell where Edel used to stand and they slowly merged as one. If Edel did not move out of the way, she probably would have died.
When people disappeared from the alley, Veigas showed himself.
"You seem like an ally of Winter Nightmare, let's see who you are."
As Veigas flicked his finger, multiple ice shards flew towards Edel. There were too many of them coming in different directions for Edel to dodge.
"This is why I told you not to follow me..."
Dio moved like lightning and stood in front of Edel before swinging his scythe to destroy all the ice shards. However, Zero wasn't going to let Dio get away so easily.
Zero's sword violently ripped through Dio's flesh and also opened Dio's unhealed wound. The new and the old wound created across. Dio collapsed in pain.
"Kahahaha, congratulations chief, you finally got your Winter Essence."
Zero didn't reply to Veigas but didn't hide his feeling of joy of finally acquiring the Winter Essence. Grandark also resonated with Zero with joy.
Dio reached out for Edel and she gently held his hand with both of hers.
"You are holding me again as you near death."
Dio was puzzled by Edel's remark and felt like he had experienced this before. This felt like the time Dio held the Winter Fairy's hand when he was near death.
Dio realized when he held the Winter Fairy's hand, she didn't just leave Dio with the Winter Essence. She always remained around him, acting as a guardian and when he was in danger showed herself as an ally.
He didn't save her from Edel's death, she took back some of the powers that she had given him in the past.
And now, the power of Winter Essence was returning to Edel once again.
"What is happening?"
Veigas and Zero both felt that something was wrong and quickly drew their weapons. Edel got on her feet and drew her sword as she muttered.
"Hold on a little longer, Dio."Edel, no, the Master of Winter radiated with the bright glow of Frost.
Edel followed the movements of a little bird with her eyes. Because she was so preoccupied with following the rapid beats of its wings, she didn't even think about reaching out with her hand. When that little bird came to sit on her brother's hand... Edel couldn't help but exclaim.
『Wow, how did you do that, Adel?』
『I think this child responds well to humans.』
『Do you want to pet it?』
Edel was surprised not only by how cute that little bird was but also by how soft it felt to the touch. But most surprising of all was her brother, who could do anything. Adel Frost was a well-rounded individual who excelled in everything. Young Edel wasn't the only one who thought this way. Everyone sang praises of Adel as Frost's family's shining star.
In Front of the Door That Won't Open
Edel: ......To my brother... Tell him I said hello. Then, I will leave him in your hands until I return.
Schumacher: I am sorry, my lady. I think the young master is not up yet.
Edel: I know he woke up a while ago.
Schumacher: Um... Do you not know? Young master... He does not wish for you to be a soldier, my lady. Likewise, I also think swords and guns would not suit you, my lady.
Edel: It's not a matter of whether it suits me well or not, Knight Schumacher. Someone in the Frost family has to do it. I will also do my duty as a member of the Frost family.
Schumacher: Sigh... If only the young master was well, there would be no need for the young lady to take on the burden of this duty. Young master does not hate you, my lady. He only... He blames himself. Please understand, Lady Edel.
Start of the Kingdoms War
Edel: Yes, Ma'am!
Isolet: Chief of Military Academy would not stop singing praises of you. I guess this is as expected of the Frost family?
Edel: I'm unworthy of this praise. I am still lacking in many ways.
Isolet: No need to be so humble all the time, Edel Frost. You graduated from Serdin Military Academy at the top of your class. If you are lacking so much... What about the other graduates? And what about the reputation of the school that let them graduate?
Edel: My apologies. I will try my best to not tarnish the reputation of Serdin Military Academy.
Isolet: That's the spirit. But, you don't have to try now.
Edel: What do you mean...
Isolet: There's going to be plenty of opportunities to talk about honor and whatnot later. Headquarters thinks... There's no need for you to comply with the mobilization order for the Kingdom War... What do you think? Don't think too hard about it. There's no subtext here. Isn't this a chance to rebuild the family? I don't want the last hope of the Frost family to feel forced by headquarters... to throw her life into the battlefield.
Edel: Thank you for your consideration. But I am fine. If the honor student wouldn't go into battle, then who would want to follow? Our most trusted ally has turned their backs... So we must take up our swords to protect Serdin.
Isolet: I understand. I was worried for nothing. It's best to prevent a war before it happens... But now that we're at war, we will win. I will count on your strength.
Versus Red Eyes
Edel: Ronan Erudon! I will be your opponent.
Ronan: You again? Edel Frost. My sword moves by the will of Queen of Kanavan. If you stand in my way... I will cut you all down! All of you stand aside! We will finish this right here, today.
Kanavan Army Knight: B, but Sir Ronan? This is our golden opportunity to press the attack on Serdin Army, yet you're telling us to step aside?
Ronan: I will not repeat myself. Get out of here!
Kanavan Army Knight: Eek...
Edel: Thank you for accepting my challenge. But why?
Ronan: Her Highness' orders are absolute, however, how you carry out those orders is up to... Ugh! Hm? Why am I making this sound?
Edel: Are you really...
Ronan: Why are you staring at me like that?
Edel: Perhaps, is someone controlling you? Then this war without a cause... It's not because of Kanavan Kingdom but because of the one who's behind it all and controlling you?
Ronan: This is preposterous! Save the useless chatter and get on with the duel. This ends here!
Isolet: So it was you... The one who escalated the tension between Serdin and Kanavan to war and made our nations shed needless blood. And the one who raised a monster army against us when that plot was revealed!
Kaze'aze: Aw, does it feel unfair? I can say that the same goes for me too. If I just had a little more time... I could have created the perfect monster army. Well, no matter. To deal with you, who lost most of your forces, this monster will be enough!
Frederick: Kaze'aze, you evil witch! Your evil echoes across all of Bermesiah!! I dare you to challenge me! I will pay you back twice of what we suffered, no, ten times what we suffered! Knights of Kanavan never allow our enemies to get past our shields!
Jason: Same goes for the Mages of Serdin! Our alliance has been restored! We will never fall against the likes of the monster army!!
Isolet: Alas, our alliance with our once greatest foe the Kanavan Kingdom is complete. There was no foe more fearsome than them when we were pitted against each other... Now that we're on the same side, there's no other ally I would rather have. You did very well holding on in that state until now.
Edel: Ugh, I can still... I can still fight. Please, let me go out there to the battlefield.
Isolet: No. Your eyes are abnormal. How many times did you unconscious from the pain in your eye? Pain that can't be explained... Could this be some kind of black magic curse? Even the Violet Mages said there's nothing they can do. What you need right now is rest.
Isolet: It is a soldier's duty to take care of your body as well. Leave the rest to me. Officer Edel Frost, return home. This is an order.
Dreyfus: Oh~hohoho. Would you like to force your way to find out?
Edel: Dreyfus the Artist! What is the meaning of this?
Dreyfus: Oh~hohoho, have you returned? Lady Edel.
Edel: You have repaid our kindness with vengeance... What have you done to my brother?
Dreyfus: How could you say such cruel words? I, Dreyfus de Villepin, have only repaid your kindness... by awakening the ability your brother didn't even know he had. As a result, he bored a hole right through to another dimension. Oh ho, how refreshing! Oh, I see... You must have suffered some of the aftereffects too, haven't you, my fair lady?
Edel: Hm... So, this pain in my eye had to do with the mysterious curse that afflicted my elder brother.
Dreyfus: Curse? A curse... Oh~hohoho. To the untrained eye, it can certainly appear that way. After all, a portal to the Demon World was opened, so you may be correct after all. However, I aimed to open this portal to the Demon World all along! Look at these demons! Look at these spiders!! Isn't this beautiful? I will express their beauty in my next painting.
Edel: Your purpose is clear. I also understand that you will no longer listen.
Dreyfus: It can't be helped. Sometimes, art is just misunderstood by its audience. Fortunately, I, Dreyfus, have a guardian angel of art with me. Black-winged angel. That angel has taught me... how to meet demonic beings like so.
Edel: I don't care about any of that! Tell me where my brother is!
Thinking About Brother Over There
Asin: What kind of detective relies on a hunch over deductions? Do you know what that is on the floor there? It's my credibility in you as a detective. It's just crawling on the floor.
Edel: Demon World! I didn't know you went to the Demon World and came back. Back then... I should have gone with you then...
Rin: What? Because of the brother you lost in the Demon World?
Edel: Yes, it was my golden opportunity to find out something about my brother...
Asin: Demon World is no place for a human... Especially if that human is weakened from illness.
Jin: That's not necessarily true. Didn't we come out all right? I believe Edel's brother is safe and sound somewhere.
Asin: You can't compare someone like Uncle Jin to a weak and ill young noble.
Amy: Jin isn't the only one who came back all right, you know?
Asin: Aren't all of you well above average in how sturdy you are?
Rin: Now now, let's stop there. Asin, I think it's time for you to stop talking.
Io: Don't worry Edel, there's no way he's in the Demon World.
Edel: He's not in the Demon World? How can you be so sure, Io?
Io: What? Uh... Oh right! The instinct of a detective! It's my hunch!!
How to Trap an Angel
Asin: Me? Why? Wasn't the whole point to keep me away as far as possible?
Io: Ah! I almost made a big mistake!! Even if it's Edel... There are some things I can't say. Okay?
Edel: Oh. No. What. Shall. I. Do? I. Really. Wanted. To eat. With Io. But. I can't. See. Her. Anywhere.
Asin: Is this the best you can do? Reading a language book? It would be better if I did that instead.
Rin: Sh, it doesn't matter. The point is that we placed her favorite person and favorite thing together. We also removed her least favorite thing from the line of sight.
Asin: Her... least favorite? What would it be?
Edel: Wow! Edel!! Did you prepare that egg tart to share with me?
Rin: Hahaha, I got you now, Io. I knew you would come if I did this!
Io: W, why are you doing this?
Rin: Hehehe, about that hunch of yours you talked about last time... I want to hear some more details. Why don't you cooperate if you want to help out Edel, who thinks of Adel?
Io: O, ooooo. Still, no means no!!
Rin: Come on, that's unfair! You're just flying away!!
Asin: So this is how you lose a prey that you already caught.
Rin: You should have caught her!
Opportunity Comes to Those Who Are Prepared
Rapier of Frost
A family treasure passed down for generations in the Frost family.
The magic imbued on this rapier is so immense, not a single member of the Frost family had used its full potential.
When Adel was born, everyone in the family thought the true wielder of the rapier was born and when Adel could no longer hold a weapon, they were devastated that the sword lost someone who could wield it to its full potential. Maybe it is true since even Edel thinks that it is over...
But does the rapier think the same? No one will know...
- Physical Attack: 1040
- Physical Defense: 540
- Magic Defense: 290
- Max Health: 2560
- Shop: Can be purchased in Guild Point Shop.
- Fusing Heroes: Acquire randomly through Hero Fusion.
- Treasure Chest: Can be acquired from Diamond Chest.
- Shop: Can be acquired from Summon Shop.
|Max Health||Physical Attack||Physical Defense||Magic Defense|
TIP: You can upgrade a skill every time the Hero achieves Breakthrough. 'Special' skills cannot be enhanced. To acquire the 'Chaser' skill, unlock the Hero's Chaser System.
|Frenzy Sprint||1||15 sec(s)||"Knockback the enemies and reduce the healing they receive"
Knockback the enemies and execute a charge thrust attack to deal 460% of physical attack damage. Attacked enemies will have their recovery rate decreased by 60% for 8 seconds. If enemies hit by Frenzy Sprint's last thrust is more than 4, you can use an additional attack 1 time without any additional SP cost for 5 seconds.
|Lunatic Blade||1||14 sec(s)||"Launch a wind blade that increases the damage received by the enemies and also decrease their movement speed"
Launch a wind blade to knock back the enemies and deal 303.5% of physical attack damage and the enemies will receive an 'Armor Break' for 7 seconds.
[Armor Break Status]
|Moon Slash||20||30 sec(s)||"Slash your enemies and increase the damage taken by enemies and also decrease their movement speed"
With the energy from the moonlight, it bites enemies and deals 1,160% of physical attack damage and the enemies are in 'Armor Break' for 15 seconds.
|Flintlock||N/A||N/A||"Increase damages received by enemies and decrease enemies' movement speed for every 7 basic attacks"
Fires a bullet with a support weapon 'Flintlock' for every 7 basic attacks and deals 267% of physical damage. The bullet inflicts 'Armor Break' on the enemies hit for 3 seconds.
|Serdin Kingdom's Swordsman
세르딘 왕국의 검사
|Frost Clan's Hope
프로스트 가문의 희망
|Color||Name||2 set is equipped||4 set is equipped|
|Vows of Violence||Basic Attack Speed Increase 6.00%||When using basic attacks, acquire 'Vows of Violence' effect.
(Can stack up to 10 times)
[Vows of Violence]
|Critical Chance Increase + Base Attack Speed Increase + Base Attack Damage Increase|
|LVL 4/5||LVL 4/5||LVL 4/5|
|Skill Cooldown Reduction + Base Attack Speed Increase + Base Attack Damage Increase|
|LVL 4/5||LVL 4/5||LVL 4/5|
DISCLAIMER: These sets of equipment are purely based on the varying opinions in the Grand Chase community. Recommendations will always change as the game expands. This section only serves as a model for others to consider and players are encouraged to customize their build.
- In the Korean server, Edel is the first Rank SR character that was not given a promotional poster.
- The design used for Serdin Kingdom's Swordsman was taken from Edel's 1st job Captain in the original game.
- The design used for Frost Clan's Hope was taken from Edel's 2nd job Major in the original game.
- In Grand-Croix, Edel gains an eyepatch covering her right eye that was stricken with mysterious pain.
- Master of Winter is the first Rare-grade avatar that was released together with another one, Ruthless Overlord.
- In the character portraits for her basic form and first stage evolution, Edel is portrayed to be left-handed, a trait considered an "advantage" in fencing.
- In the game sprites, however, she is using her right hand to attack.
- In the original game, there was no mention of Adel being kidnapped to Elyos and that he was only trapped after getting sucked into a Dimensional Chasm.
- Even so, it is plausible that due to his ability to open Dimensional Portals, Adel was indeed kidnapped.
- The dungeon Traitor's Art Room from the original game had been retold with more context of the event in Edel's Likability.
- Main article: Grand Chase Dimensional Chaser/Gallery
- "Knight of Serdin, Edel Frost is always ready."
- "I am Edel Frost, a pleasure to meet you."
- "House Frost is one of the few houses in the Serdin Kingdom that specializes in swords."
- "A sharp sword requires a sharp mind."
- "By using a gun, I can deal with enemies at any distance."
- "My two weapons of choice are a rapier and a flintlock."
- "I make sure to train with both my rapier and my flintlock."
- "A sharp weapon requires great care, and that is the same for your mind."
- "It is true the House Frost has lost its recognition and power but..."
- "My brother was wise and intelligent. I was certain that he would restore our family..."
- "I must lift the curse and get my brother back."
- "Why... why did this have to us?"
- "If I didn't become a soldier? Who knows... but I'm sure I would be doing something that utilizes my rapier."
- "Hm... Maybe I would have been teaching swordsmanship to children."
- "Because I also had a hard time learning to use a sword as a child..."
- "Sword training? It's just a habit."
- "When I am wielding my sword, I can ease my mind..."
- "Mastering a sword? If I knew, I wouldn't be training every day."
- "Sieghart was a Legendary Knight in the Kanavan Kingdom. I wasn't sure if he was real until I met him."
- "Do not despair from your failure. You can always improve from your failures."
- "I will not stand idle if you disrespect my family."
- "Are you disrespecting the sword of the Serdin Kingdom? If you face me, you will think differently."
- "I cannot stand anyone who goes against honor."
- "Adel... Have you seen my brother?"
- "A key that opens a Dimensional Chasm... Why would my brother..."
- "Glory to the Frost..."
- "My belief will not falter."
- "Don't get lazy because it's hard."
- "If someone has to do it, I will not avoid it."
- "As a soldier, you must not let your emotions control you, you have to always stay calm."
- "My brother's illness suddenly appeared when he was young. It didn't kill him but to become a soldier..."
- "To a soldier, there's nothing more important than being loyal to your kingdom and family. You also have to always remain calm."
- "You won't be able to protect anything with your weak mind."
- "Do I want to learn magic? I've never tried as our family always pride ourselves on our sword."
- "There's nothing more important than protecting your family's honor."
- "Dress? A soldier always remains in their uniform."
- "I didn't always want to become a soldier but due to my brother's illness, I had no choice."
- "I've encountered Ronan a few times in a battle. I didn't... feel anything."
- "What... is this pain..."
- "It was since our family was cursed..."
- "For the glory of my family..."
- "I will take the point."
- "I am always ready."
- "Please give me the strength to overcome any obstacles."
- "I will never stand down."
- "I must succeed."
- "I cannot lose."
- "There's no time to hesitate."
- "Early morning exercise might be hard but as you get used to it, it will help you get through the day."
- "It is only natural to get sleepy after a meal, you don't have to feel embarrassed about it."
- "Do you think my... brother is looking at the same stars as me somewhere?"
- "Hello, you're back."
- "Merry Christmas!"
- "Happy New Year!"
- "May all your New Year's resolutions come true!"
- "I'll be back soon."
- "It's always good to take a little walk here and there. This expedition was a great success."
- "I can be upgraded."
- "I can be evolved."
- "I can be awakened."
- "Prestige is now possible."
- "Please select a trait."
- "I can Transcendence Awakening."
- "I can Limit Break."
- "I can be Chaser."
- "I can be Soul Imprint."
- John Jarl de Grida is the recurring name used in the actual game. In the original game, however, he was known as Dreyfus de Villepin in NAGC. For consistency, 'Dreyfus de Villepin' is preferred by this Wiki.