Captain of the Ruby Knights
Grand Chase Leader
- 1 Description
- 2 Acquisition
- 3 Attributes
- 4 Skills
- 5 Evolution
- 6 Recommended Sets
- 7 Collections
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Quotes
- 11 Notes
- 12 References
- 13 Navigation
- Name: Elesis Sieghart
- Age: 17 (Twelve Disciples), 19 (Dimensional Chaser)
- Hobbies: Sword training
- Likes: Intense battles, baths
- Dislikes: Easy battles
- Weakness: Dresses, ghosts
Elesis was born as the eldest daughter of the Sieghart family. She was trained as hard as possible since she was old enough to handle a sword and has been the Captain of the Ruby Knights for several years. As a child, Elesis couldn't understand her father's strict upbringing. However, as she grew older, she began to understand the importance of her father's methods and dedicated all of her time to improving her strength. Her father, Elscud, joined a team as a member of the unit dedicated to tracking Kaze'aze.
Elesis was distraught in learning that, during a battle between her father's tracking unit and Kaze'aze, her father had disappeared. Later Queen Serdin sent a secret letter to Elesis asking her to join the Grand Chase, a union of Kanavan and Serdin, dedicated to pursuing Kaze'aze. Upon receipt of this request, Elesis left home to head to Trial Forest in the kingdom of Serdin, the promised place. Here, she met two girls, Lire and Arme, who would forever change her fate.
- Cost: ? USD
- Cost: ? USD
Sword of a Ruby Knight
Elesis: That night, Father woke me up to give me this sword and the title of Captain. I took the sword and just looked at my father who was leaving. I wasn't the only one feeling his emptiness. Just like how I wasn't ready to become a Captain, the Knights weren't ready to follow a new captain. They complained about little things.
『What was the Captain, no the old Captain thinking...』
『Although she's a Sieghart, this isn't right.』
『Are you even aware that you are the Captain of the Ruby Knights??』
Leader of Grand Chase
Arme: Me? I was re~ally looking forward to it. An adventure with elite soldiers that Queen Serdin picked herself! But Elesis... destroyed my expectations from the first day.
Elesis: Didn't destroy...
Arme: Do you know what Elesis said to me on my first day of adventure? She told me 『You're only a Magician, stay back~』.
Elesis: D-Did I say that?
Arme: She treated Lire and I like babies and ordered us around... I was hurt!
Lire: Arme, you were stubborn too. Since both of you guys didn't want to lose, you guys spent the whole day just arguing.
Kyle: Isn't it obvious for the soldier who fights in front of the party to become a Leader?
Cindy: What kind of rule is that? I will not let you become a Leader.
Kyle: Hah, doesn't matter. I'll just stay as a lonely Sword Saint...
Arme: I won't cast a protection spell on Kyle anymore.
Kyle: Tell me the story of how you defeated the villains. It's more interesting to hear from you than Grandiel.
Arme: Okay! Where shall I start?
Kyle: Wow! That's amazing... When can I become the main character of an adventure story?
Cindy: I'll tell you one more time, but you are not fit to become a Leader.
Kyle: Elesis wasn't a perfect Leader in the beginning either!
Arme: That's just a first impression! Shall we talk about Elesis' leadership now?
Kyle: You were just complaining about it.
Arme: Hey~ People might misunderstand. I like Elesis! Right? Elesis?
Elesis: Um... I know what you mean so can we stop talking about me?
Sieghart: Hey... are you not gonna say something? Hm... Something feels unfair...
Elesis: Sieghart, you missed your training again?
Sieghart: Oh, it's Elesis. A genius like me doesn't need training!
Elesis: You might not need it... But everyone else needs it.
Sieghart: Is that how a Captain thinks?
Elesis: I hope you think and act like a Knight.
Sieghart: That's taking away my merit! Is there a need to make a flexible person like me into a stiff Knight?
Elesis: Are you insulting Knights?
Sieghart: No, it means don't make me participate in group activities. I can do all Knight duties myself. Destroy monsters to protect people's safety! Is there anyone else who has fought more monsters than I have?
Elesis: You just enjoy fighting monsters. You can't stop disasters or wars. Knights exist in case of an emergency.
Sieghart: Of course, I wasn't trying to deny the significance of the Ruby Knights. But what can I do? I'm a genius in swordsmanship, but I don't have talent in leading people. People need to do well in what they are best at. For example, like your dad Elscud, who was excellent at leading Knights.
Elesis: I know how much my father thinks of the Knights... I tried my best too.
Sieghart: See. Ruby Knights are fine without me. Although you might want a talented Gladiator like me~ I hope you don't have any lingering attachments, Elesis.
Lire: Sieghart! Why are you holding onto Elesis?
Arme: Yes! Go be lazy by yourself!
Sieghart: Me? Elesis bothered me!
Lire: I bet you were making fun of Elesis again!
Arme: You mean old man!
Elesis: Ha... shall we go back?
I Do Not Need Talent in Swordsmanship
Arme: Don't know...
Elesis: Kyle, did you see when it crossed? You have to bend your knees when you collide.
Kyle: L-Like this?
Lass: You have to not let the body take the impact.
Ronan: The point is to lower your weight.
Elesis: Your sword will be limited if the location is fixed. So you have to be able to read the movement of your feet well. If your movement gets blocked from the opposite foot, it'll be very difficult for you.
Ronan: We will demonstrate.
Kyle: Oh, I think I can see it after hearing about it.
Lass: You see what you know.
Elesis: Make it a habit because this is the basics.
Kyle: Okay, thanks, everyone!
Ronan: The strength of a warrior comes from effort, not talent. There will be results if you put in your effort.
Lass: Yes. It's always good to emphasize the basics.
Kyle: Okay then... If there's anything more I need to know, let me know!
Elesis: Of course. First, when you hold your sword, your left hand should...
Ronan: I had something in mind too. Can I see your heels?
Lass: Do you know that you're shaking your shoulders? Your balance isn't good.
Ronan: As I expected... your weight wasn't distributed evenly. Here, it's like you're sweeping the floor...
Elesis: Wrist! Are you training your wrist as well?
Kyle: W-wait, if you all say stuff at once...
Cindy: Oh my, that's all the basics?
Arme: For them... yes.
Mari: I wonder how many books can be published if they make it into a manual.
Arme: They all say that swordsmanship doesn't need talent. Do you know why?
Arme: Because all three of them are gifted... They never felt the need for talent!
Cindy: What! Can Kyle... keep up?
Kyle: This is the true power of Critical X!
Arme: Throw Sword Energy forward... and jump to cross the Sword Energy while slashing!
Sieghart: This is the sword skill that we Siegharts are proud of! Critical X! Today, I will select the best Critical X from the mainstream and imitators!
Arme: The world's top Critical X competition!
Kyle: Good! I will win!
Sieghart: Hehe, I didn't use Critical X for a long time.
Arme: Elscud recreated the skill that was lost.
Sieghart: So Elscud will be the judge!
Elesis: Why is my father here?
Sieghart: Don't worry about the small stuff because it's a supplementary story!
Elesis: Sieghart. I just asked you to give Kyle advice. What is all this?
Sieghart: Better to see something than to just hear about it, so it's better to act it out! This will help you improve a lot faster than just hearing my words.
Kyle: That's true! This Sword Saint is going to learn everything, so everyone should be nervous!
Sieghart: Oh! You are ready to learn.
Arme: Now, shall we start? The first person is the wandering swordsman from Demon World, Zero!
Zero: Thank you. Gran, you ready? Gran X!
Sieghart: Oh, this is more serious than I thought. Jump timing after throwing Sword Energy and the timing for when to cross the Sword Energy. Everything is on point.
Zero: I analyzed Elscud's posture.
Arme: So you've never learned Critical X before?
Zero: Yes... I fought against Elscud once.
Sieghart: You just copied it after seeing it once? Wow!
Zero: Oh, um... I analyzed it a few times with Gran. Gran helps me with the timing too.
Sieghart: Grandark and Swordsman's duet! It's amazing how they combine their skills and replay a skill!
Arme: Wow... excuse us for calling you an imitator.
Zero: Thank you.
Sieghart: So his score is?
Elscud: ......8 points.
Sieghart: Oh, a good score!
Arme: With this spirit, next is swordsman, Kyle!
Kyle: Alright! My turn! You will soon call me Sword Saint and not a swordsman. Critical X!
Sieghart: Huh? This is Critical X? Something... looks very different.
Arme: Is Kyle too nervous?
Elesis: We have no choice. Kyle never learned Critical X properly, and he has never seen it. He just imagined it from what Grandiel told him. Right?
Kyle: Yes, Elesis is right. 『Elesis always jumped like an arrow and attacked enemies with the Sword Energy.』 『That skill is Sieghart family's skill, Critical X.』 Grandiel used to say it like that.
Sieghart: That elf is talented in literature. He could've just shown you using illusions.
Kyle: Oh... never thought of it!
Sieghart: Hahaha, you're funny. So you learned sword movements from words? Elscud. Can you rate this too?
Elscud: ......7 points for skill, 9 points for the idea!
Arme: Yes! I thought your idea was great.
Sieghart: You interpreted it in your way, right? I look forward to your improved Critical X!
Kyle: I will get a better score next time!
Arme: Now, Elesis? It's your turn.
Elesis: Whew, okay. Hiya, Critical X!
Elscud: Movement of the feet, sword trace, and weight distribution... Everything is perfect. This is the true Critical X! 10 points! Perfect score! You win!
Elesis: This is too biased!
Sieghart: Your power increased!
Zero: I can feel myself getting stronger just by looking at it.
Zero: I'm sorry for attacking you.
Elscud: No, don't worry about it. Since I'm not welcomed in Demon World.
Zero: How did you end up in Demon World?
Elscud: I don't know, maybe I'm unlucky or it's destiny......... Do you want to listen to my story since there's enough time?
Zero: Ah, why did the dimensional gap happen then...
Elscud: At first, I tried so hard to go back to Aernas. But, after wandering around different dimensions that surround Aernas... I saw things I couldn't see at Aernas. So... I couldn't go back.
Zero: Um... Is that why you came to the Demon World?
Elscud: Maybe or maybe not... Everything is connected to something... I will eventually reach the end of this road.
Zero: Elscud looked like a monk who was practicing asceticism. Although you might be disappointed at him for not contacting you... Elscud was doing his job.
Elesis: Yes... that's my dad. I would've already met him if he stayed in one place.
Zero: You guys are alike. Elscud was chasing after something too. Just like how Elesis is chasing after something big right now. Come to think of it, the start of Grand Chase is...
Elesis: That's right. Taking over father's duties was the start of Grand Chase.
Zero: ......Since Elscud was a previous member of Grand Chase, he is one of the Grand Chase seniors.
New Hardliner Soldier 1: Can we just run away like this when we got our base taken?
New Hardliner Soldier 2: What can we do when the commander ran away?
New Hardliner Soldier 1: No. Isn't it a perfect time for us to contribute?
New Hardliner Soldier 2: How? Do you have a plan?
New Hardliner Soldier 1: Well...
New Hardliner Soldier 2: Really? Afraid of ghosts? The enemy's Leader has an unexpected weakness.
New Hardliner Soldier 1: My friend was deployed in Burning Canyon's grave. I heard from him. I'm sure.
New Hardliner Soldier 2: Whew, scared me.
Radical: I didn't know the enemy's Leader had a weakness... Are you sure about this?
New Hardliner Soldier 1: Y-yes. Radical.
Radical: Fuhuhu. It's time for me to redeem myself.
New Hardliner Soldier 2: I'll show her my true power! Now, I'll prepare the ghosts, and you guys set up a trap!
New Hardliner Soldier 1: Yes!
New Hardliner Soldier 1: Fuhuhu.
New Hardliner Soldier 2: You came without knowing that it's a trap!
Elesis: Trap? Ugh!
Radical: Hahaha! How do you like that? This is a ghost attack! Are you scared? Don't you want to scream?
Elesis: ......Is this all you got?
Radical: Hehehe. I know that your weakness is ghosts. So I don't need to bring more soldiers.
Elesis: Is that right?
Radical: N-No! I was told you're afraid of ghosts!
Elesis: I was scared of ghosts. But, not anymore!
Radical: W-What do you mean?
Elesis: You don't need to know!
Elesis: Whew... That's good. I'm glad I brought the sacred item that Lime gave me. Oh... I left it in the room...
The Time Gap
My adventure started as chasing after my father. I've always been waiting for the moment to reunite with my father. But... But, I don't think it's a good time to be happy about reuniting.
Elscud: ......Elesis, I want to stop you.
Elesis: Why? Why is Father... with Kaze'aze? Have you forgotten your duties?
Elscud: ......Yes, I didn't do my job properly. Instead, you did my job.
Elscud: But, it's not the end for Kaze'aze or Ashtaroth. Soon... Grand Chase members will meet a true mastermind.
Elesis: The Demon God... by Baldinar... And the Great Explosion that destroyed Kounat was our fault...
Elscud: You guys can't die like that. I will take care of this... You and your friends should not be involved with the past.
......No. According to my father's words... Nobody knows what's going to happen in the future. So it's not guaranteed that we will fail. Won't it be better for him to let us follow him? Grand Chase pursues possibilities.
Elscud: ......Well, if I could persuade with my words, the future would not have been predicted that way... I look forward to the path that you chose. But I will go on a different path.
Elesis: But... I couldn't say my father's story to anyone. Everything went as my father said. Dimensional Chasm that appeared at the end of Tower of Disappearance... was a trap by Heitaros. We all fell into different dimensions after the fight. But... According to my father's words, we will eventually meet again. And we will go back in time to Kounat. I'm sure I will overcome it even if the future is set. Father, I will follow the path I believe in...
Elesis: This is the place that will allow me to go into the past. Could it? It doesn't seem to be a lie. Will I be able to return? There's no point in thinking about that now. There is no other way.
Elesis: Father's shadow was like a big burden. To meet other people's expectations, I had to fight against the darkness in front of everyone. Although there were suffering and pain, I was able to come this far thanks to my friends who supported me. Our path is clear. We need to go together.
Arme: Yes! I'll be with you forever, Elesis!
Sword of the Ruby Knight
A Claymore that can only be possessed by the Captain of the Ruby Knights.
One night, my father woke me up in the middle of the night and handed me this sword and the title of Captain. I received the sword and just idly stared as my father left.
Ever since I was little, I hated my father more than I liked him. Most memories I have of my father is training endlessly. I have never received any gift from him, other than this sword.
I didn't love my father but...
- Physical Attack: 1040
- Physical Defense: 540
- Magic Defense: 290
- Max Health: 2560
- Shop: Can be purchased in Guild Point Shop.
- Fusing Heroes: Acquire randomly through Hero Fusion.
- Treasure Chest: Can be acquired from Diamond Chest.
- Shop: Can be acquired from Summon Shop.
|Max Health||Physical Attack||Physical Defense||Magic Defense|
|Captain of the Ruby Knights
붉은 기사단 단장
|Grand Chase Leader
그랜드 체이스 리더
한계를 넘어선 리더
|Color||Name||2 set is equipped||4 set is equipped|
|Spirit of Luck||Crit Chance 4.00%||Every 50 seconds, acquire 'Lucky Blow' effect.
DISCLAIMER: These sets of equipment are purely based on the varying opinions in the Grand Chase community. Recommendations will always change as the game expands. This section only serves as a model for others to consider and players are encouraged to customize their build.
|The First 3|
|Trial Forest in the Serdin Kingdom. That is where the legend began.|
|Completion Reward: x750|
- In the Korean server, Lire was released first before Elesis.
- Elesis is the first character to have two Rare-grade avatars.
- Dark Executor is also known as the Practitioner of Darkness.
- Ascendant Vanguard was previously known as Leader who Breaks through Limits and The Transcendence Leader.
- In her Lunar Year Clothes avatar, Elesis regains her original hairstyle as a Knight.
- Elesis also appeared as a Knight in the first CG art from her Likability.
- Baldr Armor Set is shared by all playable characters in the original game.
- Interestingly, only Elesis has worn it in all promotional artworks the set was seen at.
- Baldr is the first Premium-grade Coordi that was not bundled with a story.
- In Grand Chase Dimensional Chaser, Elesis' originally red eyes were changed to that color of amber.
- Even so, there have been artworks in the original game where her eyes were tinged with amber.
- Captain of the Ruby Knights' design is based on Elesis' fourth job Savior from the original game.
- The design used for Ascendant Vanguard was also taken from Savior albeit in a different style.
- There was a controversy about the initial character portrait of Ascendant Vanguard. The artwork failed to meet the expectations of the Korean community, claiming that Elesis wasn't depicted properly.
- After receiving a huge backlash, the developers had since issued an apology on October 26 and swore to update the image as soon as possible.
- In the prologue of Grand Chase Dimensional Chaser, Elesis has an appearance similar to the eponymous character from the game ELSWORD.
- Furthermore, Sword of the Ruby Knight's description says that the sword Elesis has is a Claymore, the same weapon the eponymous character uses in the said game.
- In Dark Executor's story, it suggests that Elscud's corpse was still present during the whole fight against the False Creator despite the game where it disintegrated upon his death.
- Main article: Grand Chase Dimensional Chaser/Gallery
- "I'm Elesis. Nice to meet you."
- "My hair? I just forgot to cut it."
- "It would be best to lower your stance a bit more..."
- "The movement of your feet is more important than the movement of your sword."
- "When it comes to sword fights, the victor is already determined before the swords even touch."
- "The more you sweat, the less you bleed."
- "Your training will never betray you."
- "You must predict your opponent's movements. It is too late if you move after watching them."
- "Look into your opponent's eyes, not their sword."
- "What is important is not moving quickly, but moving accurately."
- "I'm not teasing you. There will come a time when everyone will acknowledge you."
- "What I'm good at other than sword fights? Nothing…"
- "Has it still not been found...?"
- "For how long will we have to struggle..."
- "There's no need for excuses. If it is because I am weak, then that's it."
- "When I step into the bath after a long training session, it feels like my body and heart are being washed clean."
- "I don't dislike those types of stories."
- "It's interesting. Could you tell me more?"
- "Oh... You are a good person..."
- "Sieghart! Please be serious!"
- "Do you think my sword is trivial?"
- "Didn't I tell you not to tell ghost stories?"
- "I can't tell you right now. However, one day... without fail..."
- "My father... Sorry... I swear I'll explain everything later."
- "I don't know. I still don't understand it."
- "Idiot... That's not it."
- "A dress? Clothing like that only gets in the way of battle... And it doesn't look good on me..."
- "I still... need to become stronger."
- "Where is he..."
- "This... Is nothing."
- "If I rest with every injury, when will I ever train?"
- "It doesn't hurt. I can deal with it."
- "Shall we start warming up?"
- "Finally! A real battle!"
- "Is everyone ready? Then let's go!"
- "Everyone focus! It's just the beginning!"
- "Elesis Sieghart will start now!"
- "Do not lose focus just yet."
- "Never let your guard down."
- "Well, it doesn't seem like there are any issues…"
- "The day must start with intense training to strengthen your body!"
- "Have you eaten? If you don't eat, all your training will be for nothing."
- "One day, you can be like that star that's shining brightly above us."
- "You remembered to show up!"
- "Merry Christmas!"
- "Happy New Year!"
- "May all your New Year's resolutions come true!"
- "Then I'll be back."
- "It was just good luck."
- "Great! Shall we upgrade?"
- "Great! Shall we evolve?"
- "Great! Shall we awaken?"
- "All right! It's time to Prestige?"
- "All right! Hurry and select my Trait!"
- "Great! Shall we transcendence awaken?"
- "All right! It's time to Limit Break!"
- "It is not important to be quick and speedy, but rather not to give up the race. You've come back now, and we will win the race, together." (Welcome Message)
- Red Knights is the recurring term used in the actual game. While some servers had also used the same term back in the original game, it was known as Ruby Knights in NAGC. For consistency, 'Ruby Knights' is preferred by this Wiki.
|— GRAND CHASE —|
|— OTHERS —|
|— SPECIAL —|
|— TBD —|