|— GRAND CHASE —|
Gunslinger (Duelist in Brazil) was an ancient title bestowed upon a particularly active legion during the First Demon Wars. The only extant record from that time, the Chronicles of Klayah, reveals that although the title "Gunslinger" had fallen into obscurity, it was indeed used by the most powerful kingdom of the time during the First Demon Wars.
The Rune Casters of Kounat displayed much power and influence during the First Demon Wars and invested a great amount of magical and mechanical resources; however as the war drew on, they realized it was going to be impossible to sustain their efforts for much longer. To solve this problem, the most esteemed Rune Caster in the kingdom, Jean-Sanque Gulio, invented a powered gun designed to fire magical rounds while conserving the operator's own energy. The elite legion trained to use this weapon was called the "Gunslingers." The weapon proved to be a success. The First Demon Wars ended with the surrender of the Demons.
However, Kounat came to an untimely end with a mysterious explosion. The secrets of the Maverick and the secrets of building them were lost forever. It is believed by scholars that the rifles used today by the Dwarves of Archimedia are based on the ancient design of the Maverick.
The Maverick-wielding Gunslingers have a variety of unique magic and machines at their disposal that can induce their enemies to walk right into thermal traps, allowing for effective mid-distance attacks. The Gunslinger's Triple Missiles attack compensates for the fact she has a weak long distance attack by enhancing the Maverick's inherent strengths. The Gunslinger continues to use the Rune Caster's Mana Shield and Dash Jump; however the Gunslinger's version is stronger than that of the Rune Caster's, who has always been weak when it came to close quarter combat, and the summoned W.D.W. has also been enhanced. The Gunslinger's many skills can be confusing at first, but with practice and training she is a force to be reckoned with on the battle field.
RequirementsIt is necessary to be level twenty (20) to be able to participate in Second (2nd) Job Promotion.
(Cost 200 GP)
- Run the Marsh of Oblivion once. Even if you don't successfully pass the dungeon, you'll still complete the mission.
- Entering the dungeon and leaving immediately does not count as "running". It only counts if the dungeon is completed or failed.
- Slay 100 monsters within the range of ± 2 above or below level monsters.
(Cost 6500 Cash)
- Obtain 1 Gem.
||"Target analyzed. Neutralizing..."|
||"Weather conditions optimal."|
||"High Power Rush!"|
||"You're not very efficient."|
||"Are you on standby mode?"|
||"Suffer and learn."|
||"I can rest now."|
Displayed below the MP gauge is a bar that may seem similar to the Charging Meter used by Jin and Sieghart. However, this the "Overheat Meter". Using eight consecutive shots from the Maverick will overheat the gun, preventing it from firing for 7 seconds.
Mari fires her Marverick thirce: its bullets travel about a little less than mid-screen and explode on impact. The shots can be aimed up or down with the arrow keys.
|+||Critical Attack||Mari spins and fires one bullet forward. (Note: contrary to Lire's Critical Attack, Mari will shot in the direction designated by the arrow key, and not the opposite).|
|+||Double Attack||Mari spins and fires one bullet forward. (Note: contrary to Lire's Double Attack, Mari will shot in the direction designated by the arrow key, and not the opposite).|
|+(||Jump Attack||Mari fires her Marverick downwards.|
|+(Overheat)+||Jump Attack (Overheat)||
Mari jumps and slaps her hand downward, summoning three small magic bursts to hit the opponent. This attack can be used only when the Maverick is in cooldown.
|Dash||Mari leaps forward.|
|+(Pause)+||Rocket Boost||Mari conjures runes from her hands, which propel her above.|
|+||Dash Attack||Mari performs a high kick.|
|++||Turning Shot||Mari quickly spins and fires on the opposite side.|
Mari climbs onto the opponent, points the muzzle of the Maverick to the opponent's head, and performs a contact shot while jumping backwards.
(Note: Both players are invincible throughout the animation.)
W.D.W. Basic Attacks
Wing Drive Weapon (W.D.W.) is an array of blades which follow behind Mari and improve her attacks. The blades are usable for 20 seconds, after which they will disappear.
Note: Regardless of the Maverick overheating, the W.D.W. can continue shooting its beams and performing it's swift attacks.
|LVL 1 Basic||Mari fires in the ground, causing two bursts of fire to come up from the ground.|
|LVL 2 Basic||Mari summons a missile box, and releases the missiles by stomping on the button. The missiles perform an aerial arc movement before exploding on the ground forward Mari.|
|LVL 3 Basic||Mari conjures a highly destructive blaster supported by a Red Power Ranger and a Yellow Power Ranger that carries the blaster. Mari then inserts her Maverick into said blaster and fires a rainbow colored beam, then the Power Rangers strike a pose and leave in a puff of smoke.|
|LVL 4 Special||Mari gains a 15 second buff that allows her Maverick to fire without overheating. Her bullets are also able to travel the whole length of the map, give off an electric discharge upon contact, and cannot be blocked.|
- Previously, the Gunslinger had to place craters (denominated "Sectors") before creating the machinery.
- "Shock Wave" shares the same name as a monster's property, one of Magician's basic movements, and Druid's 2nd grade skill.
- The Gunslinger's Maverick seems to be based on the Nerf Maverick.
- Strangely, the foreign name for this job ("Duelist") is also used by Sieghart.
- In Brazil, the job Gunslinger is named "Duelista" while the name of Sieghart's Duelist job is named "General".
- A Helper Bot is used in the Gunslinger's taunt.
- The characters summoned during Chaos Beam are references to the 'Super Sentai' or Power Rangers franchises. Hero teams in these series often include red, blue, and yellow costumed members, and a number have used similar large cannons as full-team attacks. Much like with Chaos Beam, there is typically at least one member of the team simply posing during such sequences.
- Interestingly, the words "OK" and "GO" appear when preparing and firing the beam, respectively.
- Gunslinger is Mari's only job that has an asymmetrical costume.
- Gunslinger's Chaos Beam resembles the beam from Spell Knight 's Ray Freeze skill.