- 1 Description
- 2 Acquisition
- 3 Prologue
- 4 Attributes
- 5 Skills
- 6 Soul Imprint
- 7 Evolution
- 8 Recommended Sets
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Quotes
- 12 References
- 13 Navigation
- Name: Harpe Noir
- Age: 24 (at death)
- Hobbies: Organizing schedules
- Likes: Sharing parfait
- Dislikes: Mind domination/control
He was selected to become an Agent of Existor that serves the Erudon family in part due to his unwavering loyalty even from an early age. He was assigned to support the Young Master Ronan of the Erudon family. In due time, Ronan naturally came to consider Harpe as his most trusted confidant and friend. Even during the Kingdom War when Ronan was roaming the battlefield against his will, Harpe was always by his side. Unfortunately, Ashtaroth took advantage of the bond between these two and used them in his scheme. Ashtaroth held Harpe's soul hostage and used it as bait to lure out the Grand Chase. As a result, Harpe met his end with many regrets in life.
While he was serving in the Underworld long after his memories had been lost, a fortuitous encounter with Ronan brought a part of his memories back. After the brief encounter, he resolves to never leave behind any more regrets. Harpe, who has learned the magic swordsmanship of the Underworld, now applies himself to his duties in service to the Queen of the Underworld. Now, he awaits the day when Ronan will return.
Her Highness. I am afraid. Afraid of that change. When that red light in the Young Master's eye started to appear… He became reckless. I can't stop him. For the sake of the revival of the Erudon family, I know how hard he worked to gain the attention of the Queen. I can't deny his efforts. Because of that… Even though I knew Ronan Erudon was sinking deeper into a mire he couldn't swim out of… All I did was… follow him in. That is my sin. Oh god, I ask thee not for my salvation, for I do not deserve it.
Please Treat Him Well
Arme: If it wasn't for Ronan, this could have been a big mistake. How did you know? Can you read minds or something?
Ronan: No. I just had some help.
Ronan: Ah, did I forget to mention? Harpe! Come out here for a moment. Let me introduce you. This is Harpe, an Agent of Existor.
Harpe: Hello. I am Harpe Noir.
Edel: You? Perhaps… Have I seen you before?
Harpe: You have, Lady Edel Frost.
Edel: I knew it… I recall you next to Ronan. I've only heard of the rumors of Existor, the secret organization that works for the Erudon family. It really did exist after all.
Arme: Secret organization? Some kind of intelligence operative?
Harpe: It's not such a big deal. I only help collect information that may be of help to my Master.
Ronan: You may be disappointed that I couldn't read minds after all.
Elesis: So, you were able to get the necessary information and make the right call based on that. That's very impressive. I'm not disappointed. Not one bit.
Ronan: I-it's really not worthy of such praise.
Elesis: It was nice to meet you, Harpe. Can I count on you?
Harpe: I am faithful to my duties.
Elesis: Oh, you definitely give off the aura of a professional Agent!
Edel: What did you want to say to me?
Harpe: I am sorry for what happened earlier. It was not Young Master's intent.
Edel: It's fine. We've already talked it out. I know it wasn't Ronan's fault.
Harpe: Is that so? Thank you for your understanding. Please treat my Master well. Then…
Elesis: Huh? Weren't you with someone? I heard you guys talking.
Edel: There was someone who was worried for his younger brother.
Elesis: Brother? Do we have someone with an older brother? Whoever it is, he must be a fool. If he was as cool-headed and trusting as Harpe is with Ronan, he wouldn't be worried. Am I right?
Elesis: Hm? What?
Where the Dead Must Go
Arme: Ah! The Train's about to be derailed! It's dangerous!
Ronan: Harpe! Where is Harpe... Please!!
Elesis: The Train's about to get thrown off! We need to go now!
Dio: Keuk! It's not time to be stubborn, human! Grab my hand!
Ronan: But... I am... I...
Ashtaroth: Oh no, did everyone run away? How heartless. After all, nothing is more precious to a human than their own life. I guess this is useless then. You useless soul that nobody wants. Go ahead and vanish into the void with this Train. That is my punishment to you for getting in my way earlier.
Harpe: Y, Young Master…
Low-Class Bounty Hunter: Last room is clear too! All right, looks like all the rooms are all right.
Low-Class Bounty Hunter: I know right? We could have lost the train and all the souls within it. Hehehe, I can't wait to see that bounty.
Rufus: Go ahead and tell them I won't give them any discounts. If they don't have enough… tell them I'll turn this Train into something that belongs to the scrap yard.
Low-Class Bounty Hunter: Rufus is right! We got to take our fair share! All right! Back to work! Find all the dead hiding in the nooks and crannies! It's time to earn our paychecks!!
Rufus: You are...
Harpe: P, please. Please let Ronan know, he must be so worried about me…
Rufus: There's only one place the dead belong. When you get there, your previous life will mean nothing.
Harpe: B, but.. Just one last time, please...
Underworld First Lord: Why are you saying us? It's just you.
Underworld First Lord: Let me ask. Who are you?
Harpe: I... don't know. I don't remember anything.
Underworld First Lord: Correct! Your memory was erased properly. Harumph, you are a sinner. You must pay for the sins in your life through your service in the Underworld. So you must heed the words of us Haros, whom you must serve!
Harpe: Service to the Haros… Understood.
Underworld First Lord: Looks like we got the first useful soul in a while.
Underworld First Lord: What's the point? They're just going to reincarnate soon.
Underworld First Lord: Hehehe, open your eyes wide and look again.
Underworld First Lord: What? Does this guy have so many sins? Wait, did you fabricate these records?
Underworld First Lord: Shush, why are you speaking so loudly? What if someone heard us? This secret is between you and me. If this one sells for a lot, I'll make sure you get a nice, fat cut too.
Hwarin: Thank you for your hard work this late into the night.
Underworld First Lord: Oh, no. Your Highness, what brings you here...
Underworld First Lord: You grace us with your presence.
Hwarin: I heard a Train that was almost lost was recovered. Then surely, I must have some souls to judge?
Underworld First Lord: There is no need for you to do this yourself, Your Highness.
Underworld First Lord: Yes, Your Highness. Please leave it to us to take care of everything perfectly.
Hwarin: To the… two of you? ......So fast... You must look through everything carefully.
Underworld First Lord: We're so disappointed to hear that, Your Highness.
Underworld First Lord: Do you not trust us? Do you think the Prime Minister left this to us for no reason?
Hwarin: B, but… Who is this soul?
Underworld First Lord: Oh... this one? This is the most wicked soul of the ones that came in with the last Train.
Underworld First Lord: Indeed. This soul will have to toil for a very long time for the sake of the Underworld.
Hwarin: He doesn't look so evil to me.
Underworld First Lord: You can't judge a book by its cover, Your Highness. Look here, in the records, Your Highness.
Hwarin: T, then… I will take this one. I will keep this one by my side and reform him.
Underworld First Lord: What? Ah, I mean... Oh no, our plans are ruined. I already took the deposit, what do I do now?
The Servant That Used To Be *** in His Previous Life?
Changhae: Y… N, no! None! I will come looking for you another time. Phew, was that the rumored one that was quite the villain in his previous life? What a scary bastard.
Changhae: Your Highness, where are you off to in such a hurry?
Hwarin: D-Duke Changhae. I must take care of state affairs.
Changhae: Leave that kind of stuff to your underlings… How about taking a walk with me downtown?
Hwarin: How can you say that? You are one of the Ministers of the Underworld. It's not right for you to push your work on someone else.
Changhae: I am anything but just your humble subject. I'm the one who is promised to be betrothed to you, Your Highness. Nobody can say anything to me.
Hwarin: I, I made no such promises.
Changhae: Is that so? My people are slow at getting this done. No matter. Then we can make this promise now. So, starting today on the first… Woah! What is this? You insolent one.
Harpe: My apologies. I must accompany Your Highness. Your Highness, it's time for you to go.
Hwarin: Huh? Oh right! Thank you. Let us hurry.
Changhae: W, wait.. You fool. Do you dare to stand in my way?
Changhae: Ah, no... Who does he think he is to stare like that… S, so... Scary...
Harpe: Do you have further business with Her Highness?
Retreading Old Memories
Harpe: Well, a parfait is…
Hwarin: Did you regain your memories?
Harpe: I… I don't remember everything. But I do remember Master Ronan.
Hwarin: How surprising. You and this Ronan must have a special connection.
Harpe: Really... I do think that's the case.
Hwarin: Can you tell me who he is?
Harpe: What? Ah well… My memory isn't complete, so it'd be full of holes if I tried to tell you.
Hwarin: That doesn't matter. I just want to hear a story from you for once, Harpe. You always listen to mine.
Harpe: I understand. I served Ronan as my master since I was young. But Master couldn't remember my name very well. He used to call me "parfait" all the time.
Hwarin: Does that have some kind of meaning?
Who Were You?
Brady: Well, well… Looks like I barked up the wrong tree and got left with all the hard work. I heard you were a special Agent of some sort in your previous life, but I do wonder if you were some sort of butler instead.
Underworld First Lord: This dead bastard dares?
Underworld First Lord: If it was like before, you couldn't even bring your eyes up to meet mine!
Eva: What? Do I hear some city folk shouting around about how high and mighty they are?
Brady: I can't believe there are idiots who still don't know that times have changed… Do you all not know that the man before you is the closest to Her Highness of the Underworld?
Underworld First Lord: Closest to Her Highness? What, does carrying her on your back give you the right to be violent?
Eva: What? Violent?
Harpe: Calling me violent… that's nonsense. I came here with the hopes that you would be willing to work efficiently around Her Highness' schedule… And proposed a daily schedule going forward. That's all.
Underworld First Lord: Work efficiency? Sure! But why does this schedule not account for our matters and time?
Underworld First Lord: Provide us a proper work environment! Let us get off work on time! We're going to die of overwork at this rate!
Harpe: Hahaha. Aren't you the Haros of the Underworld? You won't die from overworking, so there are no problems there. You two came at a good time. We're short on hands here… Hey, everyone?
Eva: Ah! I was forgetting that thing! Gotta run! Brady there is going to help you!!
Driven by Memory
Harpe: Alright. Then, shall we go?
Rufus: It's not like anyone's keeping watch… If you miss him so much, why don't you go out and find him yourself?
Harpe: I can do that?
Rufus: Nothing says you can't. There's less work lately… If you run, you'd give me work to do, and wouldn't this benefit both of us?
Harpe: Huhu, with the excuse of pursuing me… Aren't you the one who wants to go and find them, Rufus?
Rufus: That's not funny. Even as a joke.
Harpe: When the time is right, we will be able to meet them again. For now, it's enough to dwell on our memories.
Rufus: Surely, not all of your memories are so rosy?
Harpe: There were happy memories, and there were some memories that were good to look back on because time had passed. There's no reason to keep feeling bad about a memory.
Rufus: I don't think I really understand.
Harpe: Really? I think you know what I mean.
Rufus: Let's stop there. This isn't even worth any money.
Focus on Today
Myung Hwarin was about to unfold. Myung Hwarin gladly accepted his gestures with a smile. There was a great deal left to do, but she knew she couldn't rush and had to take her time to make her decision carefully. Sometimes, Harpe's opinions led her to consider matters that she couldn't even imagine on her own. Next to Myung Hwarin who dreamed of tomorrow... Harpe focused on living his life to the fullest each day, one at a time. He won't leave behind any regrets.
Hwarin: Just a little more. I need to read this one more...
Harpe: Your Highness? Your tea is getting cold.
Harpe: Tea isn't much of a concern but...
Harpe: If you keep saying 'a little more' this could end up detrimental to your health.
Harpe: This is one of the only ways I can help.
Hwarin: That's not true. You're managing all of my schedule.
Hwarin: I'm always grateful.
Harpe: It's my duty to not burden you with all the small details.
A dress sword given to those promoted in the Underworld reformation.
Wraith Reaper is an exceptional weapon painstakingly forged to cut down evil spirits with the energy of the sun in its blade. However, it is rare to see it out of its sheath, and it is used as a charm to ward off misfortune most of the time.
Likewise, Harpe doesn't draw his sword lightly, however, he always carries it by his hip, ready to draw at any time.
- Magic Attack: 1400
- Physical Defense: 250
- Magic Defense: 370
- Max Health: 1770
- Shop: Can be purchased in Guild Point Shop.
- Fusing Heroes: Acquire randomly through Hero Fusion.
- Treasure Chest: Can be acquired from Diamond Chest.
- Shop: Can be acquired from Summon Shop.
|Max Health||Magic Attack||Physical Defense||Magic Defense|
TIP: You can upgrade a skill every time the Hero achieves Breakthrough. 'Special' skills cannot be enhanced. To acquire the 'Chaser' skill, unlock the Hero's Chaser System.
|Base||x50||Transcendence +3||Unlock all Soul Imprint traits|
|Color||Name||2 set is equipped||4 set is equipped|
|Dagger of Passion||Skill Attack Damage Increase 10.00%||When using skills, acquire 'Dagger of Passion' effect.
(Can stack up to 10 times)
[Dagger of Passion]
DISCLAIMER: These sets of equipment are purely based on the varying opinions in the Grand Chase community. Recommendations will always change as the game expands. This section only serves as a model for others to consider and players are encouraged to customize their build.
- Virudhaka is one of the Four Heavenly Kings in Buddhism and is known as the Guardian of the Southern Direction.
- Wraith Reaper is based on the Korean sword, saingeom. In real life, it is a type of Joseon-era sword made of soft iron, primarily kept for ritualistic reasons. In Korean mythology, it is known to chase away monsters and evil spirits.
- Wraith Reaper is the first exclusive equipment that depicts the weapon based on the character's Soul Imprint evolution.
- Despite being pretty much the same artwork, Harpe's character portrait used for his basic form has a slightly different facial profile from the version that appears in the dialogues of the story.
- Main article: Grand Chase Dimensional Chaser/Gallery
- "I am Harpe Noir, the one who will always be loyal to you!"
- "I, Harpe Noir, will try my best to live up to your expectations."
- "You want to know how intelligence officers work? I'm sorry to say that I have little recollection of it…"
- "As long as my name is Harpe Noir, I will always have my duty."
- "I'm sorry, but I have no intention of letting go of these memories. They belong to me."
- "It's not perfect but... this is good enough."
- "It would be a lie to say I have no attachment to the past."
- "I will focus on the present. Is that not enough?"
- "『Memories from life are naught but burdens and regrets.』 That may be true. However..."
- "When will I see you again..."
- "I don't want to hold you back again."
- "Go. But don't come back too early."
- "I am sorry... I just cannot remember."
- "Hang on. We're almost there for that cold, sweet parfait."
- "I see you're not a morning person. Now, open your eyes."
- "It's important to look after state affairs, but you should take care of your body first, all right?"
- "It's just some knowledge I've picked up along the way."
- "Don't worry. I am right behind you."
- "It's an honor to wield my sword for you."
- "The stares I'm getting from them? It's fine. I don't mind."
- "I would rather take my life with my own hands than become bait…!"
- "Cease this behavior at once, you are in front of Her Highness!"
- "Go! Get a hold of yourself, Ronan!!"
- "Do not forget. All schemes will come to an end, and all crimes will meet punishment."
- "I will have no more regrets!"
- "I don't care what you say to me, but I will not tolerate your transgressions against Her Highness!"
- "Y, you know me?"
- "I didn't think Haros of the Underworld could have such secular thoughts…"
- "You were waiting for me in the realm of life? I… had no idea."
- "Did I do something wrong...?"
- "I... did that? Please don't make this up because I can't remember… Really?"
- "I will pretend I didn't hear that."
- "It's no use. She will be the one to judge."
- "Please mind your manners."
- "I will remember this fondly. But, someday…"
- "This memory, my memories…"
- "What have I done...? Uugh!"
- "How, what should I do...?"
- "Who... are you? Do you know me?"
- "Stop, don't confuse me anymore!"
- "It's too late. You've missed your chance."
- "I don't remember very well, but I think I would have done the same if I were alive."
- "I am just here to bring you in for your crime. She will be the one to sentence you."
- "I recommend… You don't do anything foolish."
- "One day, this place may also be covered in lush greens."
- "It would be my pleasure to wait for the Young Master to return and tell tales of his adventures."
- "It's not just dry winds. Close your eyes and feel the Wilderness around you."
- "Is it okay for someone from the Underworld to exchange letters with someone alive? I feel a little guilty…"
- "Don't live in the past, Young Master. I left you then so that you may go to your future."
- "Both of you are precious to me. How could I choose one of you? Please don't tease me."
- "Not a moment too soon."
- "People are the same in the material world and the Underworld. Haros too…"
- "I will take the lead."
- "Stay close."
- "Let's follow this lead."
- "It's been a while since I've been on the chase."
- "Stay vigilant."
- "I sense a foreboding omen."
- "We must hurry."
- "As you wish."
- "Did you cough? How about a nice, hot cup of chrysanthemum tea to wake you up?"
- "What would you like for lunch?"
- "Now, that's enough work. Any more would be unhealthy."
- "I've been waiting."
- "Merry Christmas!"
- "Happy New Year!"
- "May all your New Year's resolutions come true!"
- "I will return."
- "What do you think? I hope it's not too bad."
- "I can get an Upgrade."
- "Evolution possible."
- "I'm ready for an Awakening."
- "Prestige is now possible."
- "Please select a trait."
- "You must Transcend me."
- "I believe I can Limit Break."
- "You must Chaser me."
- "You must Soul Imprint me."