- 1 Description
- 2 Acquisition
- 3 Attributes
- 4 Skills
- 5 Evolution
- 6 Recommended Sets
- 7 Collections
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Quotes
- 11 References
- 12 Navigation
"The ancient kingdom's last princess."
- Name: Mari Ming Ornette
- Age: 14 (before Great Explosion of Kounat)
- Hobbies: Studying, testing, assembling, disassembling
- Likes: Speed reading, things that spark her interest, explosions, the perfect part
- Dislikes: Cacophony, the ordinary, Sieghart's jokes
- Weakness: A rare sample, simple jobs
1500 years earlier in the ancient kingdom of Kounat, Mari was born as the youngest daughter of the King's younger brother, Hadunak Myu Ornette. Mari who grew up receiving lots of love showed proficiency in engineering and at around the age of fourteen, she had already become fairly masterful in Magic Engineering.
One night, an unknown explosion rocked all of Kounat castle awake. The castle attendants carried the sleeping Mari and boarded her into the royal evacuation capsule. However, right before the capsule could launch, another explosion shook the capsules off the power source. As each capsule became engulfed in by the explosions, only Mari's capsule launched into the air.
The launched capsule was able to escape the castle of Kounat at amazing speeds with the help of the explosion. And at the hand of unknown power, the capsule entered a time slip and fell into the current world.
- Cost: ??? USD
- Acquisition: Clear Grand School
"Over here, Engineer."
"Good morning, chamberlain. What brought you here?"
"It's not urgent news, but the mischievous princess is taking a robot apart... It's going to be tea time soon. May I ask you to reassemble it?"
"What, you summoned me just for that?"
The Engineer looked as if the news was a killjoy. But the Engineer quickly erased that look. It was no surprise to the royal scholars. The royal scholars were obligated to entertain the royal family as much as possible to return the favor for receiving research funding from them.
"Hahaha, leave it to me. Could you tell me the model name of this robot?"
"Well, I don't know the name..."
"Of course, you don't. I don't expect a thing from you. I'm sure it will be one of the popular robot brands anyway."
But the Engineer was wrong. There was no model name on this robot. It was a robot that he could not recognize, and he did not know where it was from. The chamberlain explained it wrong. It was not a dismantle, but it was a... handmade robot that had been assembled by the princess herself?
"This is a new model I don't recognize. Is this a new product?"
"New product? No. I don't intend to release it. Moreover, it's not even finished yet."
"What? What are you... No way, the robot! Is this your work?"
Mari: Didn't Sieghart just pass by?
Arme: What? Did he run away again?
Elesis: How embarrassing. A Knight from the Sieghart family has a fear of taking blood samples...
Lire: There's something I'm curious about. You know more about Highlanders than anyone else... Why would you want to dissect... Um, I mean, study Sieghart?
Mari: Why do you think the Highlanders were known as the strongest force in Kounat?
Arme: Isn't that because they are immortal?
Mari: Yes. Then what's the secret of immortality? There's no way an ordinary person can become immortal just like that.
Lire: Huh? Are you saying there's no method?
Mari: If anyone can become an immortal, then the Highlanders won't be a special force... All the troops in Kounat should have been Highlanders. The only way to become a Highlander is by having a deity bloodline. It's only possible for bloodlines like the royal family and nobles.
Elesis: Then... How did Sieghart become a Highlander...?
Mari: I'm also as curious as you are.
Sieghart: It's nothing special. I just got a blood transfusion!!
Arme: You were hiding there, weren't you?
Sieghart: Oh, come on!
Origin of Tech
Oz: You've got a lot of nerve. The ancient demon's weapon isn't completely shut down. Stop messing with it, and just take care of the lab for me.
Mari: You are right. I can't believe it's left unattended for thousands of years, and yet it's still working... Oz: You idiot! I told you not to mess with it!!
Mari: No, it's alright. As long as you don't attack first, it won't classify you as an enemy.
Oz: Don't be ridiculous! Ancient demon weapons don't operate like your nonsense!
Mari: But look at it. I'm telling you the truth.
Oz: What? How did you...?
The Key to the Klara Libri (Part 1)
Duel: We meet at last. The Key to the Klara Libri...
Mari: The Key to... the Klara Libri? What do you mean?
Duel: ...... You don't remember? Did you lose your memory? Is it a side effect of jumping across a big time gap?
Mari: Side effect...
Duel: Get out of the way, human.
Sieghart: Hmpf! Are you talking to me? Do you think I will surrender to a demon like you!?
Mari: H-Hold on a second, Sieghart. Maybe he knows who I used to be. I think I'm about to... remember something...
Sieghart: What are you talking about? Can't you see how dangerous this demon is?
Dio: Don't brag about yourself. Do you even know who you are dealing with? Of course, you wouldn't dare to attack if you knew who that was.
Sieghart: What? Did you think I'd be generous enough to take your words?
Mari: Please don't fight. Maybe... he's on our side.
Sieghart: Maybe? Do you mean that demon?
Mari: Yes, he was a demon who fought alongside Aernas during the First Demon War.
Dio: Do you know me?
Mari: There is a record in Kounat's history. That's you, isn't it?
Sieghart: He can't be trusted. This demon didn't fight for Aernas. Demons just use that land as their battlefield to continue their bloodlust on each other!
Dio: Don't try to judge my intention in your own terms. Aren't you the one who's after the Klara Libri? You shouldn't be the one to criticize when you have improper intentions.
The Key to the Klara Libri (Part 2)
Duel: Have you awakened as the Key to the Klara Libri?
Mari: No, I only remembered what I lost. But I get why you are calling me the Key to the Klara Libri. Do you need someone to interpret the Klara Libri for you?
Duel: That's right. The only ones who can read the Klara Libri is a deity. But I can't expect help from a deity. Then, the best way is to seek help from a Celestial with a bloodline like yours. Even if you can't read it as well as a deity... At least you can interpret it.
Duel: Besides, those who can interpret the Klara Libri among all Kounats are...
Mari: Stop. Duel is behind her. I already know. You don't have to tell me.
Duel: ...... Hmm, is that so...
Mari: I'm sorry to tell you, but the Klara Libri doesn't have what you want.
Duel: No, that's not it. I'm certain it is written in the Klara Libri.
Mari: You're very certain. As if... you've seen it for yourself.
Duel: It's not much different. But... I don't think you're lying to me. Is that so, it's beyond your interpretation...? Then I'll have to find another way!
A Street Full of Memories
Kounat Citizen (dwarf): Princess! Don't waste your time listening to those pointy ears. Let me give our proven tech of the dwarves.
Kounat Citizen (elf): It's a setup, Princess. Dwarven tech is very unstable. It's a literal ticking bomb. Let me introduce you to the secret of elven tech that has reached heaven's height! Please make a wise choice.
Kounat Citizen (dwarf): Don't make me laugh with your nonsense!
Mari (past): Any technology that can help magitech is good. Having multiple technologies can create even better technology.
Ley: What? I thought I was the only one who sneaked out! You couldn't stay still, could you?
Mari: No, I'm here to find you. I volunteered because the others might get lost on their way, so...
Ley: Huh, is that so? But isn't it worse if you get caught? They're going to make a small fuss about a demon like me. But you're going to be in big trouble if they found you out.
Mari: I suppose so.
Ley: Fuhuhu, you're hoping to get caught, aren't you? How about we rush through the royal palace now?
Mari: ...... I didn't know at that time. The fact that the kingdom is in this state... By now, everyone in the royal palace must be under the minister's scheme. I'm too afraid to witness that.
Ley: Really? How did you survive in that place?
Mari: Well... Maybe they thought I'm too busy with magitech to notice anything. How come... I... Everyone around me became a puppet, and... I didn't notice...
Ley: Hmm, I'm not sure, but... I don't think that sly guy would have let you off the hook like that. I'm sure he did something to you! I'm not sure what that is.
Mari: Heh, how can you be sure without evidence?
Ley: At least I know it's not Mari's fault. If you don't believe me, why don't we go check it out now?
Mari: No, it's alright. I think you just want to slip away again. Let's go back.
Ley: Oh, you got me.
"Let's go back to where we were!"
Shortly after that statement, my friends disappeared one by one. That's good. I don't have to worry about them being swept away by the Great Explosion or getting lost in time. But the place I belong to is... Kounat. This is where I belong. For the others, it's just a moment in the past... Because they are from the future.
But not to me. Now that Kounat is about to fall... Wouldn't it be right if I put myself back here? While I was thinking like this...
"Mari, come here. Let's go back together."
My friends reached out to me. As if they knew what I was thinking. They stretched out their hands and pulled me along.
All right, let's go. As long as I'm around, Kounat isn't completely over. One day Kounat will be rebuilt again. For that, I'm going to the far future. And travel to a distant future.
"I should call it... Neo-Kounat."
"Huh? What did you say?"
Magic Engineer Grimoire
A grimoire that contains everything about Kounat's Magic Engineering.
While other Grand Chase members upgraded their weapons, Mari didn't have a weapon. All of Mari's attack is a balance between Magic and Engineering.
Because of that, the only thing that can strengthen Mari is the Magic Engineer Grimoire. Researching new tools and improving her current tech will be the only way to make her stronger.
- Magic Attack: 1400
- Physical Defense: 250
- Magic Defense: 370
- Max Health: 1770
- Shop: Can be purchased in Guild Point Shop.
- Fusing Heroes: Acquire randomly through Hero Fusion.
- Treasure Chest: Can be acquired from Diamond Chest.
- Shop: Can be acquired from Summon Shop.
DISCLAIMER: These sets of equipment are purely based on the varying opinions in the Grand Chase community. Recommendations will always change as the game expands. This section only serves as a model for others to consider and players are encouraged to customize their build.
This section is yet to be filled. You can help Grand Chase Wiki by adding proper information.
- Odd-Eye's design is based on Mari's base job Rune Caster from the original game.
- The design used for Magic Engineer was taken from Mari's fourth job Geas and Mari's Enlightened Rune Caster Coordi set used in the original game to promote her Skill Tree.
- Polaris is Mari's third job in the original game.
- Way before its release in the game, the sprites of Polaris had already been added in the game files but eventually was removed in the following patch.
- During CBT, certain female characters used to have portraits that were deemed "revealing" by players. Upon official release, Magic Engineer's design was changed to adhere to the feedback.
- In the Red Knights fan meeting in Japan, it was revealed that Magic Engineer received alteration due to the design being "out of character" for Mari.
- Mari's pet T-CON was created by her when she was a child. The only other pet confirmed to be created by a Grand Chase member is Almong who was accidentally created from Arme.
- Main article: Grand Chase Dimensional Chaser/Gallery
- "Everything is ready. Please start."
- "My name... is Mari."
- "My eyes? It's heterochromia. Is it... odd?"
- "I don't like talking."
- "What should I say?"
- "I know that I am different."
- "I sorry. I was not trying to upset you..."
- "I do not know."
- "Even if there is only a 1% success rate, I shouldn't give up…"
- "If I never existed…"
- "If I am a hindrance... I will leave..."
- "Do you... not need me anymore?"
- "If I can go back... I would."
- "It is nothing."
- "You are a better person than I had originally thought."
- "Is this when... I am supposed to say thank you?"
- "It does not seem bad."
- "That will not happen again..."
- "I will no longer tolerate it from now on…"
- "What is it that you want to do?"
- "It looks like it will be a great sample!"
- "What is that? How interesting..."
- "You should just give up."
- "Did something happen?"
- "Really? Oh no... Something like that..."
- "Can I... see that for myself?"
- "I... think I like it."
- "An immortal's body... I want to experiment with it."
- "Preparation for battle completed. Starting now."
- "There are no changes."
- "This place isn't really for me."
- "So far there have been no issues."
- "I'd rather be by myself."
- "I do not know what I should say."
- "In the morning, the oxygen attaches to hemoglobin more easily which makes it more... refreshing."
- "Are you tired? I heard a fresh breeze makes it better."
- "The star you see now is an image of the long past. Like... me..."
- "You're back."
- "Merry Christmas!"
- "Happy New Year!"
- "I will start... the mission."
- "I think it means it was a success."
- "The upgrading process can start now."
- "The evolution process can start now."
- "The awakening process can start now."
- "I can begin to Prestige."
- "My Trait can be selected."
- "I can begin to Transcendence Awakening."
- "I can begin to Limit Break."
|— GRAND CHASE —|
|— OTHERS —|
|— SPECIAL —|
|— TBD —|