|— GRAND CHASE —|
Before a mysterious massive explosion obliterated it, Polaris was the highest position of an ancient kingdom. The Polaris was the symbol of a guiding light in the kingdom, and only a member of the elite with exceptional abilities could hope to ascend to this position. The power to create new machines and research magic fell under the jurisdiction of a Polaris. The results of their research during the First Demon Wars contributed to the success of the Gunslinger combat teams.
Just like Mari's existing jobs, Polaris has the ability to summon magical helpers and set up machines, but can do so with enhanced power. But Polaris has special skills that consume great amounts of mana, and as a result, also possesses a variety of skills to help replenish mana. A Polaris can replenish teammates' mana with her machines and by summoning power ups that can restore a large quantity of mana when an enemy is hit. But unlike previous jobs, Polaris summons her trusty helper KORMET instead of W.D.W. which she used to summon. KORMET differs from Helper Bot, and if he is summoned successfully, KORMET will do basic combos, dash attacks, and jump attacks in Polaris' stead.
RequirementsIt is necessary to be level thirty (30) to be able to participate in Third (3rd) Job Promotion.
"And yet another dream. People were shouting "Polaris! Polaris!" I recognize this word. But why am I so overcome by this feeling of sadness?"
- Mari Ming Ornette -
- Run the Ruins of the Silver Knights once. Even if you don't successfully pass the dungeon, you'll still complete the mission.
- Entering the dungeon and leaving immediately does not count as "running". It only counts if the dungeon is completed or failed.
- Slay 120 monsters within the range of ± 2 above or below level monsters.
- Investigate The Crucible 2 times.
- Obtain 1 Gem.
||"This is excellent data."|
||"Test Case Zeta Gamma: Commence Operation."|
||"Call of Ruin!"|
||"You're just not up to spec."|
||"Stop. It's getting ugly."|
||"Data collection complete."|
|Basic Combo||Mari smashes forward twice her mallet and then finishes with a double spin around herself.|
|+||Critical Attack||Mari conjures a blast in front of her.|
|+||Double Attack||Mari conjures an energy orb that deals damage and reduces MP on contact with an opponent. If no opponent is hit, the orbs stays for 5 seconds before vanishing. (Note: In order to use Double Attack, a small amount of MP is consumed)|
|+(||Jump Attack||Mari swings her mallet downwards.|
|++||Jump Bolt||Mari conjures an energy orb that travels downwards about a short distance. (Note: In order to use Jump Bolt, about half bar of MP is consumed)|
|+(Pause)+||Rocket Boost||Mari conjures runes from her hands, which propel her above.|
|Dash||Mari leaps forward.|
|+||Dash Attack||Mari swings her mallet upwards.|
|++||Magic Bolt|| Mari conjures a slow-moving orb that travels a short distance and drags opponents along with.
|+||Grab||Mari jumps and releases the propellers on her mallet in order to smash it with increased pwoer, while her opponent is pleading with no avail.(Note: Both players are invincible throughout the animation.)|
(Note: Only works in PvP; Dungeon monsters cannot be grabbed.)
(Note: Due to lag, it may not work, or may intercept the opponent's attack/skill.)
A miniature robot, codename KORMET, masks over the W.D.W. (Wing Drive Weapons) used by the previous classes. It fights in a unique style using fists and rockets and can also enlarge itself. Interesting to note, KORMET will imitate the movements of the Polaris, especially skills.
|LVL 1 Basic||Mari swings the mallet like a golf club, which causes a heavy knockback. All opponents struck by the blow will be implanted with a bomb which explodes prior to crashing upon land.
(Note: If the target is delayed in the air for approximately 7 seconds, the bomb mark will wear off. Also, delay or lag may prevent its activation)
|LVL 2 Basic||Mari calls forth a runic circle with an eye that summons dark claws to attack the opponents.|
|LVL 3 Basic||Mari conjures a slow-moving crystalline ball that travels forward at a fair distance and drags opponents before exploding in multiple ice shards that freeze the opponent.|
|LVL 4 Special||
Mari summons her helper KORMET, who draws in all nearby enemies before releasing into a huge electrical field. Note: In PvP, the suction effect of this skill targets opponents' feet with a magic rune that teleports enemies nearby KORMET; In dungeons, the attraction field will repel the monsters instead of drawing them in.
- Previously, the Polaris had to place craters (denominated "Sectors") before creating the machinery.
- Polaris uses the Iron Dwarf Overseer's 4 hit combo and also Thanatos' (2nd Form) Call of Ruin.
- Polaris's Call of Ruin and Extinction uses magic rather than machinery-based objects.
- Although Polaris does not utilize her W.D.W. used in the previous two jobs, KORMET has the W.D.W. built into the cylinders on is back. They can be seen during KORMET's Jump Attack (+)
- Polaris is one of the two classes that are seen exiting a vehicle before engaging combat, the other being the Battle Mage.
- It is unknown if "KORMET" is an acronym, or just a simple naming.
- Shown in Polaris' opening stance, KORMET is capable of inflating its size to large lengths, and can even carry others as well.
- If No Mercy is executed while KORMET is out, it will say "Nice Shot!!"
- It is possible that NAGC Polaris's voice actor was British. In her quote of "This is excellent data" the "data" is said as "dah-tah" with the English (England) accent.
- Strangely, Polaris possess a special skill related to darkness, Call of Ruin, while all her other special skills (including her other job classes) are related to ice or electricity.